Wednesday, September 24, 2008

27 Weeks - Dr Appt

First off, I'll start with Hurricane Ike. We made it through with minimal damage to our house. We lost a few shingles, but got those replaced yesterday. The worst part was being without power. Actually, being without power and pregnant is the worst. I am constantly hot as it is so it was pretty miserable, but our power was back within a few days. Thanks to Jesus & Lisa for taking us in for a night!

Now on to the babies' update. We had our appointment this past Friday. I gained another 3lbs so I'm at a total of 31lbs so far. I also had to do my 1hr glucose test and got to drink a yummy orange drink. The babies really loved it and started jumping around a lot! Then we went in the exam room for the ultrasound. The nurse always starts on the measurements first before Dr. Adam comes in to finish up and review everything. So she started with Andrew first and went to measure his femur bone. She was shocked at how long it was and said he will probably be very tall. Needless to say, Alex was very happy to hear that and now thinks that Andrew will be 6'4". Ava and Mia are measuring right on target so at least we're not looking at a 6'4" daughter! Here are their weights:


Andrew: 2lbs 7oz (gained 5oz)
Ava: 2lbs 5oz (gained 8oz)
Mia: 2lbs 3oz (gained 9oz)


It looks like Andrew finally shared! It is getting harder to eat, but I keep trying to shove as much food down as I can. We also have a couple of 4D pictures. The only one who wouldn't cooperate was Ava. She was face down and up under my ribs so we couldn't get a good look at her.

Andrew

Mia

Now for the really scary picture......my huge pregnant belly!!

I still have 6 weeks to go and according to Dr. Adam, I'm going to get a lot bigger. I probably won't post any more belly pics until the very end.

My 2nd baby shower is coming up this weekend. It was supposed to be 2 weeks ago, the weekend Hurricane Ike hit. Thankfully, the forecast for this Saturday is nice and sunny! This Saturday is also our 5 year wedding anniversary. I'm sure I'll be so exhausted from the shower that we'll probably just stay at home and order pizza, just like we did for our 1st anniversary.

2 comments:

Shane & Ambra said...

How are you? I can't believe you have THREE little miracles in that belly of yours! How exciting, please keep us posted!
Ambra
borakfamily5.blogspot.com

Leyla said...

Good job mamma! You look great for having three babies in your belly. It's amazing!!!
I have about six weeks left too...the countdown is on!