No, we are NOT sleeping through the night yet but I definitely think we are on our way there. Up until this past weekend, we were basically letting the babies set their own schedule with feeding and sleeping. Bad idea! Not that their feeding and sleeping times were so off from one another, but just enough that as soon as one was done another one would start up. This has all changed in just a matter of days.
Thanks to my mom and Astrid who made me realize that it's okay if the babies cry. I don't know why I needed to be told this. I was always one who said (before I had babies) that I would let my children cry it out and never sleep in our bed. Well, I've been picking them up as soon as they cry and they have all slept in our bed. Bad mommy! So we now let them cry for 10min and then go in and check on them. Not an easy thing to do. Even as I type this, Ava is crying and has been for 6min. Just 4 more to go. Anyway, the first night was hard for both Alex and I to just let them cry but now I think we're used to it and the kids seem to be catching on. Either that or they just get tired and fall asleep which is what we want anyway.
We also now have a daytime schedule, which according to a well known book Baby Wise, will help them sleep through the night. Now we are on a 3hr schedule from 8am to 8pm and demand feed at night. I'm not going to say it's been great, but it's definitely been better. The most difficult part is keeping them up during the day. I mean, how do you really entertain 2mo old babies? So, for now I will continue to be on constant night watch until they sleep longer at night.
Here are some new pictures!!
Andrew looks just like Abuelo here (Alex's dad Felipe)
Andrew posing during tummy time
Our chubby little man asleep in his bouncy chair
Ava learning to sit like a big girl
Ava giving a little smile
Ava during tummy time (she's yawning, not screaming)
I finally caught Mia with her eyes open for a picture
Mia sleeping when she should be awake
Mia giving the "Schulke smirk"
While being a mommy to triplets isn't easy and I know there are many more tough days, months and years ahead, I am amazed and completely blessed every day I look at their little faces.
Park City Utah
4 years ago

1 comments:
Precious! I know...it's hard to entertain a 2 month old! I'm sure I look like a complete idiot, but Audrey loves for her Mommy to act like an idiot! :)
Great job, and hang in there...sleep is coming!
Post a Comment