Here is what has happened since I posted last: Mia & Ava are now rolling over, Andrew & Ava are off their apnea monitors (woo hoo!) and Andrew started rice cereal! Yes, my babies are growing fast!!
Mia started rolling over on the 4th and Ava started rolling over on the 10th. They all got lazy and didn't roll over for about a week and now all of the sudden they are all rolling over again. Yeah!! Mia rolls over the most. I like to think it's because she wants to look at her mommy. They are all babbling a lot too. Andrew "talks" the most and will usually occupy himself in his crib talking to the lambs on his mobile when he wakes up early.
Dr. Nguyen called on Thursday to let us know that she talked to the pulmonologist at Texas Children's and had them review the discharge summary and the monitor download from December. They reviewed and determined that Andrew and Ava didn't need to be on their monitors anymore!! That was great news since it's such a pain to move around with all the wires. The monitors weren't even going off for apnea. They were only going off on Ava when her sensors were loose and she wiggles a lot when she sleeps so that was fun hearing that go off in the middle of the night!
While I had Dr. Nguyen on the phone, I talked to her about Andrew's weight and whether or not we could start him on rice cereal. It's not like I'm trying to push it, but he is 16lbs!!! He has also been taking well over 32oz of formula a day. So Dr. Nguyen gave us the green light to start him on rice. Wow. Lesson #1 is to give that boy half of his bottle before we start feeding him cereal. He was very upset that he wasn't getting food fast enough.
After he had half of his bottle we tried it again and this time it was successful!!
We'll see how he does with it this week and maybe next week we'll try thickening it up a bit.
The girls are still a little too small for rice cereal yet. They are just under 12lbs and only taking about 23-25oz a day. I think by their next pedi appt. they will be ready to start.
We also took some Valentine's pics over the weekend. Unfortunately, we always have one baby asleep and this time it was Ava.
My last bit of good news is that Andrew has started sleeping through the night!! They get their last bottle at 8pm and he has been sleeping until 5am or 6am. Ava will usually sleep until 4am or sometimes 5am, but Mia is our little demanding baby. She still gets up at 1am or 2am to eat. I'm hoping she'll start sleeping a little longer in the next couple of weeks so I can get back to the gym again. I can't believe I actually miss working out!!
Park City Utah
4 years ago

1 comments:
They are getting so big! You are doing a wonderful job, mama!
Astrid
Post a Comment