I think I have finally hit the wall, I'm at the end of my rope and inches from a complete meltdown. The past 2 weeks have been nuts with the napping, teething, Andrew's helmet, waking up at night, etc. I've read that right about 8-9mo that it seems that everything just falls apart for a few weeks. I know it will get better, but right now I'm right in the middle of it.
Where to begin? I guess with the napping. We decided it was about time to drop the kids 3rd nap of the day since it was interferring with them going down for bed. The goal is for them to take a 1hr nap in the morning and then a long 2-2.5hr nap in the afternoon. Andrew is adjusting pretty well, but I can't seem to get the girls to sleep longer than 1.5hrs and most of the time they are up after about 45min which means I am still having to give them a catnap before dinner. Today, they only slept 30min which gave me just enough time to eat lunch and start on some laundry.
Then there is the teething. Ava pops out 4 teeth and wouldn't really know it, she wasn't fussy but maybe a little clingy for a few days and that was it. Mia was the same, she cut 2 teeth on the bottom a couple weeks ago and was a little extra whiny & clingy but nothing extreme. Andrew on the other hand also cut 2 bottom teeth a couple weeks ago for about a week was an absolute nightmare to put down for nap & bedtime. He was waking up numerous times at night and super fussy during the day. It was like he was a completely different child. He's my easy going happy go lucky little boy and was almost inconsolable at times with the pain. I tried Orajel, teething tabs, ice soothers and none of it worked on him. I think he's finally through it now though. He seems to be back to his usual happy self. Can't wait to see how he handles molars!
Andrew also got his helmet this past week. Surprisingly it doesn't seem to really bother him except when I put it on or take it off. I have to find something to occupy him while I do that. Ava likes to slap the helmet but I'm hoping the novelty is wearing off. I was really worried that he was going to have a hard time sleeping in it, but he's actually been napping great and sleeping all night in it for the past few days. I know I just totally jinxed myself now!
But now that he seems to be over the waking up at night with teething, the girls have decided it's their turn for a little extra attention. Last night I was up 5x for both of them. It doesn't take long since it seems they just want a little snuggle time and then back down and asleep again. It's just the interrupted sleep that is getting a little tiring. Combined with the crappy napping during the day and I just feel like I'm running on empty.
AND to top it all off, I'm turning 30 this week. I'm not one of those people that are all excited to turn 30, enter the next chapter of their life, everything is perfect, blah blah blah. I have enjoyed every second of my 20's and am sad to see them go. If I didn't have kids, I would probably stay in bed all day with the blinds closed. Instead, my day will go on like every other day and I will be too busy to mope about my age. Okay, enough of the pity party.
Just a few pics b/c I'm too lazy to post a lot after writing that novel.
My sweet boy
Teething AND a helmet :(
Ava
It's been really hard to get a picture of Ava lately b/c once she sees the camera, she immediately comes over to get it. This is what she looks like trying to get it (you can see her vampire teeth too!)
Mia sitting pretty
Mia loves watermelon
All the babies crawling on daddy
Park City Utah
4 years ago

2 comments:
Hang in there Susan...you have already done and been through so much that you thought you might not be able to do with three little ones. This phase will pass! As for turning 30...well I did it last week and although we're not in our 20's anymore I hear the 30's are a lot of fun too. I spent my 30th like every other day taking care of Audrey! Yay!!!
I know how bad it can get. When you are in the thick of it, there seems to be no way out. Remember I am always just a phone call away. Happy birthday!
Post a Comment