This will be a quick update since I only have about 20min to get myself ready for church before I have to get the kids up from their nap, get them ready and out the door on time.
Andrew - 23lbs 2oz & 30.5in
He's a BIG boy! Andrew has been crawling on all fours for a while now and pulling up on everything for the past month or so. He is starting to take steps behind the walker too. It'll be a race to see which one walks first! Andrew has 2 teeth on the bottom and likes to show them off a lot. He says mama and dada and I think he's beginning to tell the difference since he will look at us and say the correct one. He babbles a lot and it's fun to watch all of them have "conversations" with each other. Andrew is the loudest talker which he definitely gets from his dada's side of the family!
Ava - 18lbs & 28in
She is definitely my little monkey! She's the one that lets me know when it's time to babyproof something else. Just the other day as I was moving toys around in the living room, she decided to climb halfway up the superyard....not good! So we're in the process of figuring out how to section off our very open living, kitchen & breakfast area. She is really quick too. She's been crawling on all fours for a couple months now and as soon as I open the gate to the playroom, she takes off. Ava is a big talker too, when she doesn't have her pacifier in her mouth. She has 6 teeth! 4 on the top and 2 on the bottom. She's a very determined little girl. When she sets her eye on something, she goes after it with a growl.
Mia - 17lbs 4oz & 27.75in
She is now officially my little one since Ava has passed her up in weight & length. Mia is finally crawling, but she army crawls. She is starting to crawl on all fours but she's slow when she does it and will switch to army crawling when she wants to get somewhere fast. She's been pulling up for a few weeks now too, but she has no idea how to get down yet. Sometimes she'll fall down on her bottom and cry but then we start clapping and cheering and then she smiles & laughs. She LOVES clothes! When I come back from shopping and show her the new stuff I bought them, she smiles and wants to grab them. While it's fun right now, I know I'll really be in trouble when she's a teenager!
As far as her egg allergy, the doctor wanted to do an allergy test so we went to have blood drawn from her. I had to hold her down while another nurse held her arm still & another nurse stuck her with the needle. I didn't look but my poor little girl screamed and had tears just running down her face. The nurse put a band-aid on and then asked if we wanted to try again. Are you kidding me?! They couldn't find her vein and basically stuck her for nothing. I decided we would go back on another day and try again.
All in all, the kids are doing really well and the doctor even said you would never guess they were 3 & 4 pounds when they were born. I guess we're doing something right!
Park City Utah
4 years ago

1 comments:
They are too cute! I'm so sorry about drawing blood from Mia...I've heard that it's really hard. Our doctor told us they do a blood test at her 1year appointment...so we are not looking forward to that.
So when do you want to get together for a playdate? I'm dying to see your kiddos!
Post a Comment