Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Holidays 2010

I was all ready to write about our Christmas and I realized that I never posted about Thanksgiving so I decided to combine it all into 1 picture filled holiday post. Enjoy!

These are just some pictures I took of the kiddos running around in Nana's backyard just before Thanksgiving. Of course they were also sporting their little pumpkin shirts from Astrid :)

Andrew























Ava chasing a butterfly - "Where did it go?"














The leaf was a little easier to catch














Mia holding up Alex's head



























Turkey day! Ava was our little entertainer!




















Pretty girl! Both girls were wearing their cute little apple dresses from Astrid. I think she has become our official holiday outfit designer!



















Alex & Andrew













Abuelo, Alex & Andrew













Ava sitting at the table like a big girl














I think this is Mia's new signature pose with Alex. Or else she just really thinks he needs help holding his head up!














Ava & Abeulo















Great Grandma & Ava














Granddad, Ava & Andrew














Nana & Mia


















My 3 little turkeys!












Now onto Christmas! Not too many pictures since it was a pretty hectic day. My best friend and her parents had stayed with us, I was busy getting everything ready for my family lunch that afternoon and the regular routine with the trio. A lot to manage but thankfully extra hands to help with it all.

This was also our 1st Annual Margarita Christmas! Short story is there was a situation with the turkey at Thanksgiving and after that Alex and I decided to change it up for Christmas. Instead of the traditional meal Alex made beef fajitas, I made chicken enchiladas, refried beans and all the extras and my wonderful sister-in-law Stephanie works right by a tamale restaurant so she brought those to add to the feast. AND of course the margaritas!

Back to kids though, I think this was our last year to get away without opening presents first thing in the morning. They did circle the tree like sharks a little bit that morning and we had a few difficulties getting Andrew away, but we managed to hold them off until the afternoon so we could all open presents together.

Andrew & Alex














The girls loved their new Elmos!














Andrew was not happy that Ava got a hold of the lawnmower first














He moved on to the Frosty the Snowman book, but was already eyeing another new toy














Happy girl with all her new toys!
















Andrew even enjoyed playing with the girls' new dress up clothes. I can't wait to show him this as a teenager!



















Our family - Christmas 2010

1 comments:

Jill said...

Love all of the pictures! Very cute!