Tuesday, March 29, 2011

New wheels

I knew we were getting to the point where the kids were ready for tricycles and I've been trying to figure out how to do this. Trying to figure out exactly where they could ride them. We have a huge driveway, but live on a very busy street. In fact, I've never had them out in the front yard alone. That's what the issue really is. I needed to have them in a safe place where I could manage all 3 by myself.

Our next best option was the backyard. We have a large covered patio but needed more space for them to ride. So we ended up adding an additional section added all the way around with some extra play space too. It's perfect!

The day after it was done, we loaded up the kids and headed out for some tricycles. Actually, I was really hoping to get a couple Cozy Coupes but they were completely out. So we ended up with 2 tricycles and a fire truck, which they love. They don't quite have the coordination for the tricycles yet. It's hard work to peddle AND steer! The fire truck is much easier to maneuver, but Andrew thinks its just his and we have had some monster fits about sharing so I might have to search for some Cozy Coupes just to keep the peace. Geez, you would think I was a rookie triplet mom not buying 3 of everything! Ha!

Here are a few pics of their first day out with their new wheels.

Ava seems to think the pink one is just hers

















Andrew is too cool!



















Ava giving Mia a push














Taking a break from all that hard work














The girls pushing that lazy boy around















Alex helping Mia

2 comments:

Samantha said...

We bought 2 Cozy Coupe cars at a garage sale last year for $5 a piece. They love them!

p.s. How in the world do you get yours to wear flip flops?! Mine hate anything between their toes!

Astrid said...

Impressive! We must come over soon to play!

Astrid