I know I'm a little late with this post, but it's been busy over here with birthdays and napping issues. Yes, napping issues. Something we are always struggling with over here. It's really only with the girls. I'm lucky if they nap 45min each time, but by the time I get the last baby down that usually only ends up being about 30min of "me" time. Not easy to get stuff done since once they are up they demand my full attention. Oh well, I'm getting used to holding a baby while getting chores done.
So, here we are at 7 months. I have to say that each month they get to be a little more fun. Here is a little update about each one:
Andrew
He's about 22lbs now so holding him for any length of time really takes a toll on your back! He's really content playing by himself and I think this week he'll be crawling. He's really quick to push up on all fours and scoots with both knees but he's been watching Ava and I think he'll realize that her way is a little easier. We're still working on sitting up and he's pretty good at it, but not enough for me to not sit behind him. No teeth for him yet but he really likes his "popsicles" which are just ice cubes in the little mesh feeders. We've tried letting other people feed him his solids, but lately he starts screaming after a few bites. Actually, all of the kids are that way, even with Alex. I hope he outgrows this soon because it's nice to have a break once in a while. He's a good eater, in case you can't tell, and just started holding his own bottle!! I even tried to hold it for him last night to help him finish and he screamed until I let him hold it by himself again. It's nice to only have 2 babies to really hold it for.
Ava
I think I've said this before, but Ava really is a happy baby. She can be crying or fussing and all you have to do is make a silly face and she'll immediately start smiling and laughing. One weird thing though is that she kind of growls and snorts when she's happy. It's really cute though. She's very determined and will climb over toys , or Andrew & Mia, to get what she has her eye on. She's the only one with teeth, 2 on the bottom. It's really cute. Here is the only picture I have of them right now, I took it last week.
She's really just an easy baby and I've even said that she's the kind of baby that makes you really want to have kids. One last thing about my little Ava, here is a video of her crawling. It's from 2 weeks ago so she's much faster now.
Mia
Okay, everything I just wrote about Ava, think the opposite and that's Mia. Well, maybe not everything, but she is definitely the most high maintenance. I understand, I mean why bother trying to move when you can just squeal and someone picks you up or puts the toy right in front of you. It does make me wonder about birth order because she is the baby of the bunch and is starting to live up to it. She is the one that clings to me the most, which I have to admit, I do enjoy. As long as she has me in her eyesight, she's fine. She doesn't have any teeth yet and I keep checking everyday, but I have a feeling it won't happen for a couple more months. She is also light years away from crawling. She tends to roll over and then balance on her stomach with her arms and legs in the air. It's like swimming, but on carpet.
I think this is enough of an update for now since it has taken me 5hrs to get this completed. I have a ton a pictures too and I'll try to get those up by the end of the week.

0 comments:
Post a Comment