Today another triplet mommy, Astrid, came over today with her trio for a playdate. Now, for "normal" mommies who have 1 baby, this is no big deal. But for MOM (moms of multiples) it's not easy when you are completely outnumbered. I was a little nervous about it mostly because her kids are about 7mo older than mine and I was afraid I wouldn't have any toys they would want to play with. Oh, not to mention that I don't have any baby gates or anything set up yet and 2 of hers are walking but I figured we could just stay in the playroom.
All I can say is WOW. In 7 months, I am going to be even busier than I am now! Astrid - I have no idea how you do it. How do you manage 3 going in different directions?! The kids were walking and crawling everywhere and in my non-baby proofed house I felt a little overwhelmed. Plus I was watching my kids to make sure they weren't getting stepped on, like Mia who just lays there. Her kids were so sweet like when Sofi was bringing all the stuffed animals to Ava. I couldn't get over how much they have grown and like I said before how mobile they were. It really does scare me to think that mine will be like that before I know it. All in all, it went well and no major meltdowns or anything which is amazing considering there were 6 kids. So we've decided to do this every 2 weeks which gives each of us a chance to get out and a good change of scenery for the kids.
Here are some pics that I stole from Astrid's blog since I was way too nervous to leave the playroom and get my camera!
Ava didn't really know what to think of all the activity so she watched a little bit before she made her move.
That's me trying to stop Gabi from getting to the tv for the 10th time. She's a very determined little girl! Sofi was so sweet and walked over to sit in my lap.
These are our 2 biggest kiddos, Andrew & Gabi. I should have held him up to get a better idea of their size comparison. I think they weigh about the same, but Andrew is like 5in shorter. LOVE her pigtails!
Ian decided to try and get in the activity jumper with Ava. She just leaned back and let him on in!
And here is Mia doing what she usually does, lays there and looks around, but she's my little cutie!
We'll be heading to Astrid's in a couple weeks for our next playdate and in the meantime, I'll be searching online on how to babyproof my house. Better yet, I should just move all of our furniture into storage for a few years!
Park City Utah
4 years ago

2 comments:
We had a blast! The kids even took a snooze on the way home. I think we did SUPERB considering we were well outnumbered. We are always willing to get out of the house if it is too much for you to come this way. I totally understand staying put during the 1st year!
HUGS!
What a playdate!!! I'm getting nervous about baby proofing too...now take that and multiply it by 3. Crazy!!! Get busy girl!
Post a Comment