My little project for one wall in the kids' playroom is finally done. And it only took me a month! I really only worked on it during naptime and not every day, but when I felt I needed to just focus my mind on something else. It's actually really relaxing to work on little projects like this. And now that this wall is done, I can start on making something for the other walls in the playroom. I hope I'm finished before my in-laws get here in November!
I have had these book racks from PB Kids for months and we finally got them up about a month ago, but the wall still looked pretty bare. I thought the alphabet would look really cute and tried looking for some wall decals. Couldn't find anything that was in the right colors or big enough. I didn't want to paint the wall either so I found some cheap wood letters at Hobby Lobby, painted them white and found some scrapbook paper in bright, bold colors. Exactly what I wanted and so much cheaper than buying something I wasn't totally happy with. Here are some pics.
My cute little alphabet
This is from the side, it's kind of a little recessed area in their playroom which now has their books, chairs and pillows on the other wall. Perfect for reading!
Andrew reading in his chair. Total bedhead after he wakes up!
Now onto numbers for the other wall! Hope to have that done much sooner than the letters!

3 comments:
Wow, looks really neat! Good job!
Totally impressed! Well worth the wait. I can't wait until we are all healthy so we can play again.
Great job Susan! I love the idea of using the scrap paper on them. I never would have thought of that...I would have just painted them. This is way cuter!
Also, so glad that Ava's surgery went well. I'm so sorry yall had to go through all of that. Hopefull she recovered well and yall never have to go through that again! Take care!
Post a Comment